Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I, Robot

I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

I picked this book us because of attempts to write a graduation speech. I kept finding incredible writing quotes from Asimov, but decided that I couldn't quote him in my speech unless I had read at least one of his books. To my surprise, the school library actually had one, I, Robot, and so I picked it up and decided to read it.

Overall it was a good choice, because Asimov is an incredible writer and I decided with that book that if I get a break between readings and have a wider selection of books, I will definitely read another Isaac Asimov book. Plus, that book, coupled with some of the others I've read lately, instilled an unknown love for science fiction.

I would never have pinned myself as the aliens and dystopias kind of girl, but it turns out I think robots are a little bit fascinating and maybe space isn't as weird as I think. I guess I did like Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle, but it's been so long that I never remember.

One thing I didn't like though was that this was actually more of a compilation of short stories than a novel. They were all connected, but still just short stories, which made it hard to get through because there was nothing to pull me through the whole story.

Overall, though, I would recommend Asimov, but maybe a novel that isn't just short stories? I don't know, but I do know that I plan on picking up another Asimov sci-fi sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment