Monday, October 21, 2013

Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

This is one of those popular the moment it got published books, or at least that's what it seemed like to me. And, next year it will be made into a movie. So I had several reasons to read it, and I am so glad I did.

I loved this book, and devoured it over one weekend, which is something I haven't done with any book in a long time.

The characters were interesting, the story was captivating, the writing was very easy to follow. Plus, since this was the first book of a trilogy, I was wanting to get on to the second book as soon as I started the first.

PS: If you've read it this will make perfect sense to you. If you haven't, this might be somewhat of a spoiler.
I took a bunch of quizzes to see which faction I would belong to, and I am totally Divergent, with a mix of Amity, Abnegation, and Erudite. I think I would have chosen Erudite.

2 comments:

  1. If I had to, I would've chose Erudite too, although I'm not sure I fit the category :D I suppose I should try a quiz, huh? Looking forwards to the film?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! I can't wait for the movie!! :D
    And I can't wait to read Allegiant, since I haven't had a chance to yet. Gah! I should get to read it sometime this week, as soon as the friend I'm borrowing it from finishes reading it.

    ReplyDelete