Monday, October 21, 2013

I Kissed Dating Goodbye

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris

Oh, Joshua Harris. I think this is one of those books that every Christian teenager is supposed to read, but I can't say I enjoyed it.

Okay, I will admit that I had a bad attitude going in, and I was prepared to not like it. But still... it seemed a bit extreme and a bit preachy. Like, "I'm doing everything right and I'm perfect and if you disagree you're wrong."

But he did have some good points, and it's true that today's idea of dating is flawed. So, I guess if you are a Christian teenager you should probably still read at least part of this. It's probably a good book to read. Or if you're struggling with dating you should read it.

But if you are an MK and have grown up in Christian circles and only ever dated one guy and not really even dated him and go to a Christian school with exactly four boys in your class and all younger than you and extremely geeky and not boyfriend material and you probably wouldn't date anyway and are going off to Bible college in a couple of months anyway- then you probably can pass on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment