Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting Naked Later

Getting Naked Later by Kate Hurley

This is another one of those books for my Bible class.
Despite the often very shocking title (you should have seen my face when my dad came in to show it to me the first time) it's pretty good and not inappropriate. It's a single woman writing about her life and her experience and her thoughts on relationships and singleness.

I liked the book, and liked that it's very different from most of the books we've read about dating and marriage and singleness.

Kate Hurley was really open, and just said how she felt without trying to sound like the "perfect Christian" or the "dating expert". I enjoyed her honestly, and I think she's got a really interesting life.

Oh, and did I mention I met her? She spoke several times at the camp where I worked two summers ago, the camp where I grew up and where my parents met and got married and lived. So it was definitely bonus points reading a book by someone I'd met and knew as a real person with real struggles, not just the guy with the mysterious hat. *cough Joshua Harris cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment