Monday, October 21, 2013

Mere Christianity

Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis

I don't know if I can really put this here, since I didn't start it senior year. I started reading this over the summer, and loved it, but then summer got super busy and I didn't get a chance to finish reading it.

So it dragged on to the school year, but it was incredible.

I think any and every Christian should read this book at some point in his or her life, and I think every non-Christian should as well.

Lewis is one of my heroes, always has been and always will be. Up until now I'd only read the seven Narnia books and Till We Have Faces,  but over the summer I decided to pick up one of his more theological books, and I'm so glad I did.

Lewis has a way of presenting things in a way that just makes perfect sense. I understood what he was saying and where he was coming from, and even the few things that I didn't entirely agree with I still could understand why he believed them and I respect him so much more.

Reading this book allowed me to understand my own opinions and beliefs more, and think about why I have the faith that I do.

Basically, I loved this, and I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to be challenged to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment