Monday, October 21, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I don't know if I can even write a blog entry about this book. I'm going to start crying. Every time anyone mentions trophies or video games or eulogies or cancer I think of this book and have to fight back tears.

I really liked the characters and felt drawn to them. Like, even though I can't quite identify with them and my life isn't really anything like theirs, I still could sympathize with them. And I really liked Augustus. The way he talks... and his writing... and the book... so sweet.
But I also loved Isaac and the trophy scene almost made me cry.

And the eulogies at the end- that did make me cry.

Basically, really good book. Written with a very modern feel, easy to follow, easy to identify with, good characters, inevitable ending.

And I cannot wait for the movie to come out.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.... I guess this is where we disagree? I am looking forwards to the film, but I heard a lot about this book before I read it... and I think I had too high expectations.

    For me, the characters were a little bit forced. They always talked sarcastically and everything, and who talks like that all the time? I suppose the story was okay, and the ending was quite sad. Although I didn't cry. >.>

    In my opinion it was an okay read. I think I should try another one based on the same thing, like Before I die...

    ReplyDelete