Monday, October 21, 2013

The Giver

The Giver by Louis Lowry

This one is one of my favorites. It's a Dystopian novel that I read in eighth grade and just reread to my little brother. It's a fantastic book and I definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo who always likes dystopian novels but then claims to not like sci-fi. Obviously I like it at least a little bit, since I liked this and I liked the Hunger Games and I liked Divergent and Insurgent.

But anyway, I love the ending of this book especially, and since I just finished reading it tonight, I am feeling really impatient to start on the second book, Gathering Blue and then start on the last book of the trilogy, The Messenger. I love the way Lowry writes these books and combines the seemingly different plotlines into such a fantastic third book.

So excited to reread these, and I definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I read the Giver in class, and I was happy with it ^^ And then Gathering Blue wasn't quite as good in my opinion... and I don't think I'll read The Messenger D:

    ReplyDelete